Enough Already - So, Make a List

My patience has worn thin.

I know I have very little to complain about. I am not sick, nor are any of my family members. We have enough money and work, for now. But, some days you feel like complaining. Or, at least screaming. 

The social isolation (which I am usually an expert at) has been getting on my nerves. 

Honestly, it isn't even that, it is just knowing I can't do whatever I want to do.

I probably wouldn't even do half the things I say I want to do anyway. Because basically, I like being alone and being a hermit. 




But, just knowing I am being denied those things as options, irritates me.

In times of angst, I make lists. I find them comforting.


Things I would like to do after the quarantine is lifted:

  • Go to music trivia night with friends.
  • Go to yoga with my friend
  • Have a house warming party that we never had after we moved in. Or, now I think it would be a post-Corona warming celebration, instead.
  • Go to the Greensboro Zoo with the kids (this has already been requested by one kiddo)
  • Eat at lots of restaurants
  • Go to Target (it's the little things)
  • Go see a band
  • Take a trip
  • or two
  • or three
  • get a haircut

Things I won't miss about quarantine:

  • Cooking more
  • Lack of freedom
  • the constant feeling of existential dread
  • homeschooling


Things I have enjoyed during quarantine:

  • Kids and I sleeping late since school was cancelled
  • School being cancelled (some of us weren't exactly having the "best" year)
  • Doing puzzles
  • Making goofy videos with friends
  • Reconnecting with old friends
  • Painting
  • Being outdoors
  • Working in the yard
  • Taking Benny for walks 
  • Binge watching tv series 
  • Playing bass, making music
  • Being more creative
  • less bra wearing



Not sure anybody is even reading this blog - but if so - feel free to chime in. What are your lists for this?

Comments

  1. I'm reading :)

    So here's my list ---

    Things I would like to do after the quarantine is lifted:
    -DATE I had really intended to start dating again this spring.
    -Meet friends for dinner.
    -Get my highlights done and get a haircut.
    -Browse! Just go into a store and browse for as long as I want, not feel like I have to rush in and out.
    -Go to the botanical garden in town
    -happy hours/outdoor beer gardens

    Things I won't miss about quarantine:
    -Working from home
    -Home school for the kids
    -Isolation/loneliness
    -Lack of freedom
    -Non-stop sad/angry political posts on every social media outlet.
    -Web meetings/online happy hours
    -Constant cooking

    Things I have enjoyed during quarantine:
    -Gardening
    -Working on my house
    -Catching up with friends I haven't heard from in a while
    -Lots of TV time

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts