What's This All About?

This first post is a bit long-winded, so be prepared. Or just skim. 

I have become increasingly aware that as this whole Coronavirus Covid-19 situation continues, my anxiety and depression could get the better of me. In hopes of keeping that nonsense at bay, I'm blogging again. Something I haven't done in quite some time.


If you've never blogged or used to - maybe a good time to crank it up again, too? It is very cathartic and a nice anchor. You don't even have to make your blog public if you don't want. 


Or, you can just come here as a place to commiserate and momentarily focus on something besides the cases tally going up worldwide each day.


What to expect? My ramblings and thoughts plus things that help keep me together during this insane time. And hopefully you, too, can share your suggestions for doing the same. 



What keeps me together lately? 


In no certain order...

Music. Used to make it. Now I just like listening more.

Art/Crafts. Making it. Looking at it. Painting. Drawing. Sewing. Creating.

Humor. Making others laugh and laughing myself.

Friends. Of course. Virtually talking to people near and far. I am lucky to know a lot of wonderful people in this world. 

Photography. I take a ton of pictures. I would be super sad if I couldn't take photos every single day. I dig Instagramming.  

Blogging. I used to do this years ago, and dug it. This seems like a good opportunity to stick a toe back in and occupy myself in the process.

Mental challenges. (i.e. games, puzzles, rock trivia, words with friends, etc.)

TV/Movies. I love a documentary or tv show I can binge. Movies, too. Although, we watched Uncut Gems the other night - and I'd say, not the best film in these times of feeling already on edge. Do tell any tv series you have enjoyed recently.


Podcasts. I used to listen to them more. I'd love to hear ones you are enjoying.

Order. I need to get on creating a tad bit of order. Right now we are flying by the seat of our pants at my house. And, that ain't necessarily best.

Movement.  My friend Page and I were doing yoga 1-2 times a week pre-Coronageddon and I dug it. Now I try to walk. I hope to hold myself accountable this week to getting back into some online yoga.

Outdoorsiness. (not a word, I know) Walking or gardening. 
I am simultaneously a dedicated hermit and a person who benefits from fresh air and a nice walk with a friend and/or my pup. Our indoor/outdoor cat, Lloyd sometimes joins as well.


Things I used to enjoy that I may revisit during this time

Playing Bass

Needlepoint
Sewing (I used to have an Etsy shop long ago)

Things I've wanted to try but never have


Stand-up Comedy (had a dream last night I was waiting anxiously backstage to do my first stand-up - not necessarily a relaxing dream)

So, as far as the music thing goes, I have already been making many mixes (Spotify playlists), inspired by what is going on in our world right now.


There will be more to come, bc this is something that I truly love doing. Here is what I've made so far. 



Keep On Keeping On Mix 

Stir Crazy Mix
Shelter in Place Mix
Flatten the Curve Mix
Social Distancing Mix
Covid-19 Mix

I'm hoping this space will be a place for whoever joins in to share ideas to support each other and the world going through this incredibly surreal and disturbing time. Take care, and let's get through this stronger on the other side. 



What is keeping YOU together these days?

Comments

  1. Thanks for this. It’s like having you right here sitting super close to me on the sofa.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts